List Price: $29.95
Sale Price: $29.95
(as of 04/26/2016 22:12 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Free Shipping: Eligible For Free Shipping
At Tahi we think nature is our greatest asset and it truly is a guiding principle for all of Tahi\'s activities. Instead of following typical commercial beekeeping practices, the bees are not fed sugar syrup or chemicals and never ever go on orchard visits where they choose up pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and other toxins. Whilst these regular beekeeping tactics may possibly make \'commercial sense\' considering that sugar is more affordable than honey, and orchardists pay beekeepers to pollinate their crops, these practices lead to weakened hives and contaminate the honey. Tahi Manuka honey is in no way blended with honey from hives that are not under Tahi stewardship to preserve outstanding top quality in every single jar. The honey is not pasturized (raw), undamaged and minimally filtered for maximum goodness the way honey should be. The super taste, aromatic smell and thick gooeyness comes from the fact that this honey has been handled with care. Manuka honey is recognized for its superior antibacterial qualities. The UMF (Exclusive Manuka Element) rating shows the relative effectiveness of Manuka honey for inhibiting bacterial growth in direct comparison with the antiseptic phenol. The larger the UMF number the higher the antibacterial results. Tahi is a licence holder of the Exclusive Manuka Element Honey Association (UMFHA) and follows their rigid tips, top quality standards, audits and evaluation from accredited laboratories. The UMF trademark is your promise that you are acquiring real Manuka honey. Tahi has planted much more than 250,000 native trees to restore the habitat. A decade ago there had been fewer than 20 bird species at Tahi Estate, there are now at least 69, 23 of which are unusual or threatened. The gorgeous label is a celebration of this achievement. Getting Tahi Manuka honey assists in this energy. Tahi is a founding member of the Zeitz Foundation and has been recognised with numerous awards for sustainable business practices. Nature is our enterprise.
- RAW MANUKA HONEY: Unpasteurized and minimally filtered for maximum goodness. Contains high levels of natural pollens with no added sugar, water or preservatives
- ETHICAL BEEKEEPING: The bees roam freely in native bush and are not exposed to orchard pesticides, fed sugar syrup or other chemicals
- MANUKA HONEY IS THE HEALING HONEY: currently used in hospitals and vet clinics for wound cleaning and healing
- UMF HONEY ASSOCIATION LICENSEE: number 2035 guarantees authentic manuka honey
- NATURE IS OUR BUSINESS: Purchasing Tahi Honey supports active conservation projects restoring wetlands, sand dunes and planting native trees.